Wednesday 21 November 2012

Meet the Guest Designers

Our Guest Designers this month are Suzanne

Here are a few words from Suzanne
Hi, my name is Suzanne and I use to be a member of the design team for Make My Monday!  I still miss the ladies very much - it's a friendly, low stress design team to be on.  I have been papercrafting for over 7 years now and I cannot imagine my life without it now.  Crafting has opened many doors for me.  I have made lots of new friends both in "real life" and "cyber life" - I make no secret of the fact that I find Crafers the most generous and friendly of people, always willing to share and inspire.  I was introduced to card making by my ever patient husband who knew I needed a "hobby" as I was obssessed with housework and nothing else.  7-years later I bet he rues that day - (1) the housework is now last on my list of things to do and (2) we probably could have paid our mortgage off if I had not been buying craft stash.  My style I believe is quite varied - I do tend to flit from one thing to another - loving all colours and styles.  The only thing I know is that I love layers and detail (aka cluttered) and that I cannot do "clean and simple" to save my life but that does not mean I cannot appreciate the CAS genre as I love to drool over other people's creations and dream if only.  I am very proud to call myself a "papercrafter" and am a member of the Craft Room Challenge, Marianne Design World and Divas and It's all About the Vintage & Beauty design teams.  At the start of the year I had a very full nest (4 of them) at home but come the end of the year I will just have one son left at home - and I now have my own craft room which is lovely. Life is busy with working full-time, granddaughter, local council work and crafting but I consider myself to be blessed and my glass is always half full!  Wishing you all very happy crafting days.  Suzanne xx

A couple of my favourite pieces from Suzanne''s blog 




 and Avril

Here's a few words from Avril


I was thrilled to be invited to be the Guest Designer at MMM and its an honour to see my work displayed alongside such a talented team. 
I have always had an interest in crafting and was taught to sew and knit as a child.  My love of sewing continued until recently when my friend persuaded me to go to a card class with her. From then I was 'hooked' on cardmaking, hence my blog name 'Mrs. B's  Addiction'  as chosen by my very understanding husband.
Although I enjoy most forms of papercraft, my main passion is stamping, and I do enjoy 'vintage'.

I visited Avril's blog and these are a couple of my favourite pieces of hers




Please do pop over to both girls' blogs and show your appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.