Thursday 28 July 2011

MMM Mid-week Motivation - Lace and Pearls.

Sorry - I'm a day late with this. Today's inspiration piece is an ATC. They are great for using up card scraps and odd images left over and don't take too long to make. This one I made today was an image downloaded from the Craft Stamper Magazine  web site in the resources section. What's great about that is they can be re sized so they can be used for scrapbooking, card making or in this case ATCs.
Now I think I have said before - ATCs are always 2.5" x 3.5" - so after cutting my piece of card stock that size I edged it in very thin double sided tape. On to that I stuck some scrap lace to make a sort of frame and then I placed my image on top of that - please take a look
The image has also been distressed and sponged with some Tea Dye DIs. My pearls are some I had stashed away and are stuck together in a string, these were glued on using some 3D clear gloss finish. The flower was very easily made by punching out several small scallop circles - I think I used 8. They were all then scrunched up tightly and un-raveled. I pierced a hole through them with my pokey tool and threaded them all onto a brad. When the brad is closed the circles can then be manipulated up-wards to form the flower shape. I inked the edges of mine again with the Tea Dye but the edges can also be dabbed with glue and then sprinkled with glitter.
This is our last challenge in the VINTAGE theme - on Monday we start a brand new theme and set of challenges thought up for us by the lovely DT member Suzanne but if you would like the chance of receiving this ATC in a giveaway please look here .

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous creation! Love that pearly frame and the flower is beautiful edged with ink. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty creation Jacqueline and just love the lace and pearl edging.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.